Small tractors provide the perfect balance between price and productivity. More and more are recognizing the benefits of small tractors and, as a result, they’re more popular than ever. Let’s take a look at why this is occurring.
Why Are Small Tractors Popular?
Nothing beats the amazing versatility and utility of small tractors. Investing in a compact or sub-compact model can significantly cut down on labor and maintenance time—all without having to drop tens of thousands of dollars on a full-sized tractor. Below are just a few tasks you can tackle with a small tractor:
- Landscaping & Gardening
- Driveway Maintenance
- Livestock Management
- Heavy Lifting & Moving
With the ability to customize your equipment with a variety of attachments, the small-frame tractor is truly a powerhouse for a wide variety of applications. Here are a few of our favorite small Kubota tractors:
How Much Do Small Tractors Weigh?
Sub-compact tractors typically weigh anywhere from 1,300 to 1,600 pounds. However, sizes of small tractors vary, with some reaching more than 4,000 pounds. For example, Kubota’s Grand L60 Series compact tractors weigh about 3,400 to 4,300 pounds, while Kubota BX Series sub-compact tractors weigh in at 1,300 to 1,600 pounds.
What size tractor is right for you? Answering this question may require some research, as there are endless different models of small tractors to meet the diverse needs of all types of customers. However, the BX series sub-compact tractor is one of our top sellers at Bobby Ford Kubota due to its unique size and great use for small properties. Visit our Angleton, TX, showroom or browse our online inventory to see what we have in stock today.
Benefits of Compact and Sub-Compact Tractors
- Performance – Whether you use your vehicle for agricultural or industrial purposes, you can certainly count on small tractors to handle every job with enhanced performance and efficiency. With state-of-the-art features such as large fuel tanks, smooth hydraulic power steering, range selectors, PTOs, powerful diesel engines, and hydrostatic pedals, these models are designed for optimal functionality.
- Ease of Operation – The best small tractors are ultimately designed for operator comfort! You can enjoy a comfortable ride even on rough surfaces with sub-compact and compact tractors. Accessible controls, smooth steering, spacious foot room, and fully padded, adjustable seating all make these tractors ideal for any driver.
- Fuel Efficiency – As expected, small tractors are fuel-efficient! Unlike full-size tractors, compact and sub-compact models won’t eat up your gas. Plus, with gas prices on the rise, this feature is a significant advantage.
- Cost Effective – Compact and sub-compact tractors are significantly cheaper than larger models. Additionally, the widespread availability of affordable attachments allows you to get even more capabilities out of your initial purchase.
- Adaptability – Due to their small frame, compact and sub-compact tractors are capable of maneuvering tight spaces, unlike full-size machines. They fold quickly and without tools, which can be very advantageous in low-clearance areas. Not to mention, small tractors can be easily stored in garages and sheds.
Tips for Driving Small Tractors Effectively
Regardless of size, tractor driving is very different from standard transportation practices. The following steps will provide some assistance in knowing how to safely drive a small tractor.
Study the Operator’s Manual
Educated drivers are safe drivers! Familiarize yourself with the owner’s manual to learn specific tractor features and operating instructions. Knowing the purpose of all gauges, controls, and indicators will allow you to quickly adjust to adverse conditions and emergency situations when needed. If you still have questions, reach out to your local tractor retailer for additional information about equipment safety.
Carefully Inspect Your Equipment
Before you get behind the wheel, inspect your vehicle to ensure that it is in safe operating condition. Your complete inspection should include the tires, lights, Power Take-Off (PTO) shaft hitch, oil, and fuel levels.
Use Tractor for Intended Purposes Only
Despite their smaller size, compact and sub-compact tractors are multi-use machines that can be used for a variety of jobs: digging, landscaping, hauling, lifting, maintenance, construction, transportation, and more. However, it’s important to know what your machine can handle, as improper use can result in an accident. Do not exceed the weight limit, drive erratically, or operate your tractor in any other way that puts you or others at risk.
Be Aware of Your Surroundings
As a rule of thumb, you should always be aware of your surroundings while behind the wheel. Responsible drivers should pay attention to any and all people, animals, and objects nearby. When you’re driving, take your time and always check the terrain to ensure the path ahead is clear of hazards.
Finding the Right Small Kubota Tractor
Are you ready to own one of the most convenient small tractors on the market? Lucky for you, we have Kubota sub-compact tractors for sale that will meet all of your needs.
Bobby Ford Tractor and Equipment is a trusted Kubota dealer in the Greater Houston Area. Our knowledgeable and experienced staff will assist you whenever you’re ready to purchase your new Kubota tractor.
Contact us online today to request a quote or schedule an appointment to see our compact and sub-compact tractors in action!
The content on this site reflects my own opinions and does not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of my employer or Kubota Tractor Corporation.